SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns 'childColumnStatic' is undefined - Custom NewDocSet.aspx

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Hi,

I have created a custom NewDocSet.aspx form for my Document Set and am trying to use the SPCascadeDropdowns to work. I've got them working fine in the EditForm.aspx as that lives within the list's forms. However the NewDocSet.aspx lives in the _Layouts folder so isn't within the lists context.

The error I get is: SCRIPT5009: 'childColumnStatic' is undefined | jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.js, line 1357 character 3

I had a look at the discussion https://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/405545 and it mentioned that this should be possible by adding a direct link to the List by changing the default listName: $().SPServices.SPListNameFromUrl(). Unfortunately I can't seem to get this working.

I'm also using the Guid of the Relationship List. As mentioned this is working fine for the standard Edit Form, just not for the NewDocSet Form.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should put for the listName parameter, or how else I can achieve this?

Thanks
Sep 20, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Hi,

I worked out what the issue was (now working correctly)

For the listName I thought it was supposed to be the full url of the List based on what I read, but in fact it was just the Name of the List that I was working with.

Modified that and all working correctly.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Glad you got it working!

Is there anything I could do to improve the documentation?

M.
Sep 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Hi Marc,

Thanks - I think your documentation is ok - I got a bit confused by looking at other queries on the web.

Thanks heaps for all your work - much appreciated.

Cheers,

Grant.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Never trust anything you read on the Internet. ;+)

M.