Gamification of a SharePoint 2013 Site thru Badge rewards

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM
_Hi Guys,

This is some what of a huge undertaking, so here it goes, in an effort to make our site more interesting or at least not boring, We've decided to implement badges for the members.

Ideally these badges should be earned via triggered events but for now we'll award them to members manually.

Is there a way to remove the single choice restriction on gifted badge to allow users to collect multiple badges?

And can the instance of these badges be replaced by a picture of our choice?

(Any tips regarding this are welcomed)

Thanks,

Francis - Hi Marc, I'm still working on the multiple relation column cascading list
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Francis:

Are you using some pre-existing badging mechanism or building your own? I'm not sure that these are SPServices questions.

M.
Oct 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
The pre-existing badge mechanism allows only one value per member, I would recreate my own badging mechanism so far the method I'm considering was to simply display the badge as an image in a multi - line rich text field, which feels lacking in execution.

I'm looking for a way to replace text with images via java and css implementation when items are being redered in a list view. I used display related info function on a form but it doesn't seem to work when you use "allow multiple selection".

Francis
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
You can certainly replace arbitrary markup with other arbitrary markup if you're able to select it. It's hard to know what to suggest based on your description.

M.
Oct 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Thanks again,

I wanted to confirm if it was possible to replace markups with other markups, although I could have phrased my statement or question a bit better.

This was sort o' like, a pirate gathering information on a tavern before embarking on a treasure hunt. Although, I might encounter a bit of trouble recruiting crew members, if all I know about the treasure was that, it's somewhere North.

But, I guess its better to face the vast unknown than forever wonder what could have been.

And with that, I'll be going on a treasure hunt for a while. Mind if I help myself on the tools you have on display.

Francis
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Arrr.

Replacing some markup might look something like this:

$(".ms-vb").append("<div>foo</div>");

That's straight jQuery, though. No SPServices.

M.
Oct 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Thanks,

This should definitely kick start my research. Oddly enough, the hint about "mark ups" is helping me a lot, in finding promising routes for this research. I should definitely keep in mind such key words in future hunts.

Francis