Simulate Editing and Saving Recurring Calendar Events using SPServices

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I have an OOTB SP2010 Calendar list from which recurring events are being added. I created a workflow to send reminders for these events, however, the reminders would only send for the first occurrence. It turns out that the recurring event is saved as a single item, although it's displayed as multiple items in the calendar view.

I found that manually editing and saving each individual recurrence will generate new items and fixes the problem (the workflow can see each event and send reminders). I'm new to SPServices and am wondering if it can be used to automate/simulate editing and saving each recurrence. Is that possible? What service and operation would I use? Just trying to get pointed in the right direction to determine whether it's possible or not. Thanks!
Oct 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Yes, a recurring event is a single event with its recurrence options set. It sounds like what you are doing is manually changing the event from a set of occurrences to single events. Why not just create them that way in the first place?