Is there any way to add groups to specific sites or manage site level permissions for groups?

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM
This is something that's done often in SharePoint or at least in my organization, but I'm failing to see if there's anything that allows me to select a group, add it to a certain site and give it a specific permission. Am I missing something or is it not doable?

Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Take a look at the Permissions Web Service:
https://spservices.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Permissions

M.
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Thanks Mark, I totally missed that. Man, with this, I can pretty much manage everyone using SPServices. Pretty awesome. Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I saw this post about a month ago, I'm actually the last comment on there :P

Since, I've been expending it and adding feature, I'm hoping to turn it into a full on SP Management Suite. I've got a lot of features in it already, I just need to start doing some things with permissions, figure out some issues with site deletion, then the UI (no clue what i'm gonna do with that). But yea, now that I can do things with permissions, it's going to add a whole new level of usefulness to my application.

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hard to know who's who in this world of avatars and aliases.

M.
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Yea that's true, I found it funny you linked me to that post. It's been a revelation for me and it's leading me to creating something that's completely going to change how I work with SharePoint right now. Very excited.

Sorry to ask, but if you could, would you be able to take a look at my reply concerning Deleting Websites. I tried what you suggested but I got a different XML error :/