SPCascadeDropdowns duplicate child results

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I am using SPCascadeDropdowns against three lists where list2 contains duplicate column values against different relationships in list1 and as a result when the list2 item is selected, the lookup to list3 then shows all the items that are related based on the column value from list 2 rather than just the ones that should actually be related.

As an example, say I have three lists, the first is"Artist", the second is"Title" and the third is"Album". I take a song that has been recorded by multiple artists so I have each artist in the "Artist" list with a corresponding child song title entry in the "Title" list and then for each entry in the "Title" list I have an entry in the "Album" list. When selecting an artist, and then the title, the "Album" list will show every single album entry where the parent matches the text value of the title selected rather than only the album directly related to the "Title" entry selected.

Below is the code I have in the NewForm/EditForm since I'm sure the odds are that I am doing something incorrect.
<script src="/teams/scem/SiteAssets/jQuery-1.8.3.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
<script src="/teams/scem/SiteAssets/jQuery.SPServices-2013.01.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
    $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
        relationshipList: "SongTitle",
        relationshipListParentColumn: "Artist",
        relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
        parentColumn: "Artist",
        childColumn: "Title"
    });   
    $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
        relationshipList: "Album",
        relationshipListParentColumn: "SongTitle",
        relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
        parentColumn: "SongTitle",
        childColumn: "Title"
    });   
});
</script>
Any help is much appreciated.
Nov 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Sigh...nevermind, just found the "matchOnId" property in the documentation that I had missed previously.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM
You score points for reading the docs. ;+)

M.