This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Autocomplete doesn't work in our environment

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
We've done some debugging and there seems to be one specific problems which hinders our approach. We're using version 2013 Alpha3 with SharePoint 2013 Standard Server.

Until line 3195 where GetListItems gets called everything seems to be working like expected. When the completefunc is called with xData parameter the result is included there. In line 3208 there seems to be our problem as the filter function doesn't find anything matchin and therefor no item is added to the matchArray.

Our xData object doesn't contain a property responseXml rather a property called responeText as you can see on the image I've added. Second of all when debugging through the childnodes of xData no element matches the condition "this.nodeName === name" for z:row (line 3449)

When we change line 3208 to "$(xData.responseText).SPFilterNode("Z:ROW").each(function() {" everything starts working. So I'm wondering why this part behaves differently for us. Even more strange is the fact that xData.responseText doesn't contain nodes with "Z:ROW" but it contains "z:row" however I'm not sure why it's important if there are capital letters or not.

If I missed any important information, please let me know.
Nov 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
My guess is that you are using jQuery 1.9.x. One of those versions has a bug that causes responseXML not to be a part of the returned data. Assuming I'm correct, I'd recommend upgrading to 1.10.2.

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Dear Marc,

thank your for your fast and accurate support as always. Your guess is correct and after updating to 1.10.2 everything is working like a charm. Thank you very much!
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM