Are the codes here applicable to a customized SharePoint 2013 edit/new item form?

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a vague memory of reading that these codes works on default sp forms but I'm not sure if it was worded as "also works" or "only works" with default forms.

So for my own peace of mind, I'd like to verify which is which.

Hopefully it's not the latter of the two but just in case it only works with default forms will it still be possible to make the codes work as is? using a customized form? particularly the display related info and the cascade dropdowns.

Thanks in Advance,
Francis
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Francis:

As with all things, it depends. The SPServices value-added functions look for specific markup in the page to do their magic. In some of the functions, I try to spell this out so that you can "fix up" your customizations so that the function works.

How you've customized your forms matters, too, of course. If you've changed the CSS it may matter, but probably won't. If you've converted to XSL and totally rewritten the form, then it likely will.

M.
Nov 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Thanks M,

I remembered copy - pasting some xsl here and there when I was editing the codes, which in my safe guess was the codes for rendering the table. I'll try to find ways to change the new forms using only sharepoint list settings, that way I can still implement the SPServices codes.

Thanks again, for the input, now I can clench my teeth and charge into the abyss, I call CSS.

(just thinking out loud) Ever wonder what will replace CSS in the future? or if the universe ever became a program, will it have css?

Francis.