redirect survey for after clicking finish

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Hi All,
  I'm working on a sSharePoint 2010 survey...A long survey list and i need to redirect users to a custom thank you page.
But haven't come up with some that fully works..I can redirect users by using some js with the finish button but the problem is the survey doesn't show as completed and DATA is not saved :(

Marc i came across your post here

You stated:
__You can change the default view (the default is overview.aspx) for the Survey list in SharePoint Designer:
  • Right click on the list
  • Choose properties
  • Go to the Supporting Files tab
  • Change the default view page__
But i can't see these options in SharePoint designer 2010.
Any ideas?

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You can employ the SPRedirectWithID function on the Survey NewForm.aspx. That function will allow you to direct the user to any page you want after the record is saved. I haven't tried it with a survey record but i have used it with other lists and it works fine. Check out the docs at$().SPServices.SPRedirectWithID&referringTitle=Documentation

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I haven't tested any of this with a survey list, but with custom lists these techniques work.

List forms can be redirected after submission by adding a Source parameter to the URL. So if you are linking to the survey from somewhere (and not having users click the "New" button on the survey's overview page), modify the link to be something like this: <a href="http://yoursite/lists/yoursurvey/newform.aspx?Source=http://yoursite/pages/thank-you.aspx">Respond to the Survey</a> where "thank-you.aspx" is your custom thank you page.

Or you can create a new view of the survey using the web UI (no need for SharePoint Designer) and add a content editor web part at the top of the view with your thank you message.

Or you can add some Javascript to the default survey list page that uses SPServices GetListItems to see if the user has responded to the survey, and if so, either redirects the user to a thank you page or displays a thank you message in a content editor web part on the survey overview page.

Or you can do the same using a data view web part instead of SPServices if you prefer server-side code.
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Hi guys and thanks for the responses.
Redirecting a survey to a thank you page isn't as easy as using a list.
Josh/gkoliver you have to redirect the page to a view that has to be created from the existing ones.(If not the survey won't be marked as completed)
Then you can use any the redirection method.

Cheers guys