Need Help with SP Filtered Dropdown

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get the filtered dropdown to work so far I tried to get it working with this code and settings but was not able to filtered the dropdown "Test2"

Other Details:
 SP Version used = jquery.SPServices-2013.01.js
 Jquery used = jquery-1.7.2.min.js
 Server = SharePoint 2007
 List Name = Test List 3
 Test List 3 GUID = 4A7729AF-C486-477B-8D94-EE279FA5513C
       Courses,  static name = Title
       test, static name = test, Type = Yes/No
List Name = Test List 4 (spfiltered dropdown implemented in newcustomform.aspx)
      Title, static name = Title
      Test2, Static name = Test2
(pasted under <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">) <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
                 relationshipList: "{4A7729AF-C486-477B-8D94-EE279FA5513C}",
                     relationshipListColumn: "Title",
                 columnName: "Test2",
                 CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='test' /><Value Type='Boolean'>1</Value></Eq>",
                 completefunc: null,
                 debug: false
I've tried changing the Value inside Caml Query to Yes as well as replaced Eq with NEq however the field still displays all the contents of the column.

Am I doing something wrong here? I also tried pasting the codes inside a content editor web part but is unable to make it work.

Thanks in advance,
Dec 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Have you checked to make sure the two .js files are loading? jQuery has to be before SPServices (you have them reversed above, but that might not mean anything).

Also, any script errors?

Just and FYI, you can do
relationshipList: "Test List 3",
instead of:
relationshipList: "{4A7729AF-C486-477B-8D94-EE279FA5513C}",
Dec 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Hi Marc,

Thanks for this info, I didn't expect that the sequence of the 2 js files could affect the outcome. It worked fine after I loaded the jquery first before the spservices.
I thought that they were loaded similar to the way functions work where the function call could be placed before the method script.

Thanks Marc and Everyone here :)
  • Happy Holidays as well!