List Level Permissions

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I'm extremely new to SharePoint and SPServices so forgive me if this questions has no place but, I was wondering if it's possible using SPServices to break role inheritance using it?

I've poured over the documentation here on codeplex and MSDN but I can't seem to figure this part out. The end goal would be to let users have Contributing access to a List/Library for a Site, but only a specific List/Library.

Thoughts?
Jan 21, 2014 at 1:00 AM
After searching just a bit more I came across this. How to: Break Role Assignment Inheritance Using JavaScript

Hopefully this is what I'm looking for!
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I've been able to Break the Role Inheritance but I am having trouble with adding a user to a group at the list level. When the list is created it inherits groups from the site, which is fine, then I break the inheritance for the list and now I need to add a user/group to the list with Contributor permissions. I can't seem to get anything going in this department. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Jan 21, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Time to cop to my beginner mistake.. Apparently I was missing a backslash in the userLoginName so it looked like "DOMAIN\alias" rather than "DOMAIN\alias". Works fine now! Thanks for your help!