listItems qury with caml on taxonomy field

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM
The following code works fine when there is no query but gets error from the service when the caml is sent. the location is the number before the ";#" of value of ows_HRLocations
(I tried "Contains" on the string after but got the same error)

Can anyone Help?
function loadFromPages(){
    $().SPServices({
        operation: "GetListItems",
        async: false,
        listName: "Pages",
        CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /><FieldRef Name='PublishingPageImage' /><FieldRef Name='Name' /><FieldRef Name='NameTitle' /><FieldRef Name='FeaturedItem' /><FieldRef Name='HRLocations' /></ViewFields>",
        completefunc: renderStories,
        CAMLRowLimit: 100
  });
} 

function loadFromPagesBy(location){
    $().SPServices({
        operation: "GetListItems",
        async: false,
        listName: "Pages",
        CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /><FieldRef Name='PublishingPageImage' /><FieldRef Name='Name' /><FieldRef Name='NameTitle' /><FieldRef Name='FeaturedItem' /><FieldRef Name='HRLocations' /></ViewFields>",
        CAMLQuery: "<Query><Where><In><FieldRef Name='HRLocations' LookupId='TRUE'/><Values><Value Type='Integer>"+location+"</Value></Values></In></Where></Query>",
        completefunc: renderStories,
        CAMLRowLimit: 100
  });
} 

function renderStories(xData, Status) {
       var itemCount = $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("rs:data").attr("ItemCount");
      //alert(itemCount);
      $('#container').empty(); //Clear
      $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function() {
            oneStory($(this));
      });
}
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Ofer:

There's no "<In>" with the SOAP Web Services. Try this:
        CAMLQuery: "<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='HRLocations' LookupId='TRUE'/><Value Type='Integer>"+location+"</Value></Eq></Where></Query>",
If you look at the Net tab in Firebug (or use Fiddler, etc.) you should see some sort of error from the operation in the response.

M.
Jan 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Even when the query is simple like this:CAMLQuery: "<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='HRLocations' LookupId='TRUE'/><Value Type='Integer>315</Value></Eq></Where></Query>",

I get "Status="error"
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Your CAML is invalid (status of error means that the browser is producing an error - in this case an XML error, I assume)

Your missing a single quote at the end of 'Integer'

Also, should it be Type='Counter' instead?

Paul

--
Paul T.

-- Sent from Mobile

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Good catch! thanks Paul!
turns out both 'Counter' and 'Integer' work the same.

My take away from this is, you need to query by the "LookupId" the number before the ;# in the row.attr("ows_XXX
That means you either have to bring all of them first or maybe query the hidden list first.

At list I learnt something :-) thank you all
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Sorry I missed the missing apostrophe in your original post, Ofer. I spotted the bigger issue first.

M.
Jan 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Congratulations you are human :-)