SPServices.SPLookupAddNew - Office365

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hi All

I am using SPServices SPCascadeDropdowns and SPLookupAddNew with SharePoint Online 2013 (Office365)
After Office365 updates input title names in list forms at Jan 2014, I changed the title names to the new format , SPCascadeDropdowns works fine but SPLookupAddNew didn't work,

Office 365 update (Inputs titles for mandatory fields, changed to Input title Required Field ) as $("select[title='Client']") changed to $("select[title='Client Required Field']")

here is my code no errors but add new items didn't appears
"
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sitename/SiteAssets/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sitename/SiteAssets/jquery.SPServices-2013.01.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
$().SPServices.SPComplexToSimpleDropdown({
columnName: "Business Sector Required Field",
debug: true
});
$().SPServices.SPComplexToSimpleDropdown({
columnName: "Client Required Field",
});
$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
relationshipList: "Clients",
relationshipListParentColumn: "Business_x0020_Sector",
relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
parentColumn: "Business Sector Required Field",
childColumn: "Client Required Field",
// CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='Status'/><Value Type='Text'>" + selectedquery + "</Value></Eq>/>",
});

$().SPServices.SPLookupAddNew({
    lookupColumn: "Client",
    promptText: "Add new {0}",

});
"
When I changed lookupColumn: to "Client Required Field" I got error This column does not appear to be a lookup column,
When I set the the lookup column Client to not mandatory it works (set "Requires this column contains information" to No in column settings) however it must be mandatory

Any ideas

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Mohammed:

By changing the column names in your calls, you're band aiding the problem. None of the functions were built to handle those new titles.

The current alpha of 2014.01 has a fix for this issue that should work with all functions. It would be helpful to both of us if you could try it out and let me know if it solves all of the issues.

M.
Feb 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Thanks M.

I ll, try and get back to you