This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Site Data Service support for GetURLSegments operation

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Hi Marc...
This weekend I had the following use case: Get the List name (or ID) for a given List item using its URL. I found that the Site Data service has an operation do this, but does not look like you have it available in SPServices...

No trouble for me :)
I went ahead and created my own Utility to use it - Code here:

Feel free to use what you like from it if you decide to add support for this operation into SPServices.. I have tested it in O365 with both SP2010 and SP2013 front ends... I will do some validation of it in SP2007 as well...

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.