Failed to cache field with id

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Hi! First of all, this project is great, the cascading fields works great on sharepoint foundation 2010 i've been using this for some of my site. I just had this problem with one of my list upon saving: "An unexpected error has occurred".

Field Setup:
  1. Lookup
  2. Look up with additional column code and id.
I checked the log and the error is "Failed to cache field with id". I tried removing the spservice code, the saving works.

I also tried removing the additional columns, but I still had the same result.

Hope someone can help me with this.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM
You haven't really given me much to go on. If it was working and then stopped working, something changed.

Can you show your code?

M.
Feb 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Here is my code
<!-- Start Default value --> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../SiteAssets/Javascripts/jquery-1.10.1.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../Scripts/jquery.SPServices-0.7.1a.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function()
{

var queryStringVals = $().SPServices.SPGetQueryString();
var AnnCategory = queryStringVals["Depot"];
var AnnCategorytField = getTagFromIdentifierAndTitle("select","","Assigned Depot");
//alert("Control is " + AnnCategorytField.name);
setSelectedOption(AnnCategorytField,AnnCategory);
});

function setSelectedOption(select, value)
{
var opts = select.options;
var l = opts.length;
if (select == null) return;
for (var i=0; i < l; i++)
{
if (opts[i].text == value)
{
 select.selectedIndex = i;
 return true;
}
}
return false;
}

function getTagFromIdentifierAndTitle(tagName, identifier, title)
{
var len = identifier.length;
var tags = document.getElementsByTagName(tagName);
for (var i=0; i < tags.length; i++)
{
var tempString = tags[i].id;
if (tags[i].title == title && (identifier == "" || tempString.indexOf(identifier) == tempString.length - len))
{ return tags[i]; }
}
return null;
}

</SCRIPT>
<!-- End Default value --> <!-- Start Script for Cascading Fields --> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Channel Matrix", relationshipListParentColumn: "Title", relationshipListChildColumn: "Channel", parentColumn: "Assigned Depot", childColumn: "Channel", debug: true }); $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Team Matrix", relationshipListParentColumn: "Title", relationshipListChildColumn: "Team", parentColumn: "Channel", childColumn: "Team", debug: true }); }); </script> <!-- End Script for Cascading Fields --> I tried to capture the error by eliminating some of the script, and the error occured in this snippet

$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
relationshipList: "Channel Matrix",
relationshipListParentColumn: "Title",
relationshipListChildColumn: "Channel",
parentColumn: "Assigned Depot",
childColumn: "Channel",
debug: true
});

The parent column "Assigned Depot" is a lookup field with additional column "Depot:Code" and has 20 records in it.

Thank you so much for the reply, hope you could continue on helping me on this.
Feb 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM
here is error message

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834

Date and Time: 2/19/2014 9:11:34 AM


Here is the log

02/19/2014 09:11:34.34 w3wp.exe (0x331C) 0x3648 SharePoint Foundation Logging Correlation Data xmnv Medium Name=Request (POST:http://<site>/Lists/Transmittal%20Sender/NewForm.aspx?Depot=Bacolod&IsDlg=1) d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834
02/19/2014 09:11:34.40 w3wp.exe (0x331C) 0x3648 SharePoint Foundation SPRequest 8l3a Medium Failed to cache field with id "{b28ad58e-4c4e-42be-b1cc-96c6cb7f4bf7}", overwrite=0 d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834
02/19/2014 09:11:34.40 w3wp.exe (0x331C) 0x3648 SharePoint Foundation SPRequest 8l3a Medium Failed to cache field with id "{138e6d7c-078f-42e2-8268-0223959d6939}", overwrite=0 d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834
02/19/2014 09:11:34.40 w3wp.exe (0x331C) 0x3648 SharePoint Foundation SPRequest 8l3a Medium Failed to cache field with id "{6d1b71fb-761e-4f16-9112-e8423d02f4ef}", overwrite=0 d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834
02/19/2014 09:11:34.40 w3wp.exe (0x331C) 0x3648 SharePoint Foundation SPRequest 8l3a Medium Failed to cache field with id "{145c4b67-a071-4323-8632-cf3393d2de7d}", overwrite=0 d6d34bbd-243d-4609-88a8-ef256a552834
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:56 AM
I notice something, We can't use the child coloumn form cascading field 1 as a parent column for cascading field 2... seems that's reason for the issue that i am facing...
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM
First off, I would suggest upgrading to 2014.01. You're quite a few versions back.

Next, your lists may not be arranged the way that the function expects. You might want to check out my Country / Region / State example if the documentation.

You can have an unlimited number of parent / child combination (though I've only tested about 7 chained together.) You'll be limited by the performance hits before the function will stop working.

M.