IE11 compatibility mode

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I was recently using SPservices 2014.01BETA1 and I was not able to get the Cascading drop down to work at all while in compatibility mode (IE 11).

However, I just downloaded the latest release (2014.01) and the filtering works, but the drop down styling and behavior is different from other lookup/choice fields. The drop down behaves like a text box when you click inside it and if you use the drop down arrow and then select an option, the drop down does not close. You must double click the selection or change focus for the value to be selected.

Illustration of the issue I'm experiencing (skydrive link)

With both versions, everything works perfectly when compatibility mode is not enabled. However there are reasons outside of SPservices that require compatibility mode.

I'm real new to jquery and spservices, so I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug, or if this is something wrong with my code or the way I'm using the code. Any advice would be helpful. Or maybe some tips on things I can try.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:52 AM
It looks like you are running SharePoint 2010 in IE11 - probably with the December CU, since you were having problems with 2014.01BETA1.

What you're seeing is the difference between the way that SharePoint renders dropdown with <20 options ("simple" dropdowns) and dropdowns with 20+ options ("complex" dropdowns) in IE. SPServices isn't doing this; SharePoint is.

M.
Marked as answer by rkbjunior on 2/19/2014 at 9:30 PM
Feb 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Thanks for that tip. I've set simpleChild to true and now everything looks and behaves as I was hoping.