Cascading Dropdowns not working in IE8, but are working in Firefox

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I'm on SP2010 and our company uses IE8 as our standard browser. I can't get cascading dropdowns to work in IE8, but the following code works for me in Firefox 10.0.3. Any ideas why I can't get this working in IE8?

Thanks.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sites/canberra/JS/jquery-1.11.0.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sites/canberra/JS/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { // Change the orientation of the Lead Source options from vertical to horizontal $().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices({ columnName: "Lead Source", perRow: 3 }); // Change the orientation of the Color options from vertical to horizontal $().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices({ columnName: "Color", perRow: 3 }); // Set up the cascade from Region to State $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ listName: "Cascading Dropdowns", relationshipList: "States", relationshipListParentColumn: "Region", relationshipListChildColumn: "Title", relationshipListSortColumn: "Title", parentColumn: "Region", childColumn: "State", debug: true }); }); </script>
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM
It's tough to read you code the way you have posted it, but generally when something works in one browser and not another it's something like a missing semi-colon.

I'd suggest removing the other calls and focusing just on the cascading until you get it working.

SPServices functions work just fine in IE8 and every other browser that I'm aware of.

M.
Mar 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Marc,
thanks for the quick reply and my apologies for the code- I think this will look better. As you suggested, I'll take a look at removing the other calls and see where that gets me.

Thanks,
Neil
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sites/canberra/JS/jquery-1.11.0.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/sites/canberra/JS/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {

// Change the orientation of the Lead Source options from vertical to horizontal
    $().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices({
        columnName: "Lead Source",
        perRow: 3
    });

// Change the orientation of the Color options from vertical to horizontal
    $().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices({
        columnName: "Color",
        perRow: 3
    });

// Set up the cascade from Region to State
    $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
        listName: "Cascading Dropdowns",
        relationshipList: "States",
        relationshipListParentColumn: "Region",
        relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
        relationshipListSortColumn: "Title",
        parentColumn: "Region",
        childColumn: "State",
        debug: true
    });

});
</script>   
Mar 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM
No luck. This is what I've got now and it still doesn't work in IE8 and it does in Firefox. Any other ideas?
  • Neil

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    // Set up the cascade from Region to State
    $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
        listName: "Cascading Dropdowns",
        relationshipList: "States",
        relationshipListParentColumn: "Region",
        relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
        relationshipListSortColumn: "Title",
        parentColumn: "Region",
        childColumn: "State"
    });
});
</script>

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Figured it out (finally). I had another instance of the javascript later on in the file and it was conflicting with what I included above. Once I removed the conflicting code, I was able to see the cascading dropdown work in IE8. Thanks again for your quick reply on this, Marc.
  • Neil