Multiple Select ParentColumn?

Mar 13 at 4:16 PM
Does this work if the ParentColumn on the form is set to allow multiple items? If so, I can't get it to work on my site.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../Assets/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../Assets/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
  $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
    relationshipList: "{D164B284-5AC-41EF-A1B4-B4C79B1B22EA}",
    relationshipListParentColumn: "Supplier",
    relationshipListChildColumn: "Location_x0020_Name",
    parentColumn: "Suppliers",
    childColumn: "Supplier Location",
    debug: true
  });
});
</script>
It appears to be attempting to work. It looks like the Supplier Location field refreshes, but I never get any items in the lsit, always "(None)". It seems to me that it is not finding any matching Supplier in the Supplier Locations list.

Just for clarification, here is my structure:

Projects:
Suppliers - Lookup to Suppliers list - Allow multiple items
Supplier Location - Lookup to Supplier Locations list - Display Location Name column - Does not allow multiple items

Supplier Locations:
Supplier - Lookup to Suppliers list
Location Name - Text field.
Coordinator
Mar 13 at 4:22 PM
Timothy:

Yes, it's supposed to work with any combination of column types, as I show in the documentation.

It could be the structure of your Supplier Locations list. I would usually use Title for the name of the Supplier Location and then have Supplier be a lookup to Suppliers.Title.

Do you see any script errors in the debugger? What flavor of SharePoint?

M.
Mar 13 at 4:54 PM
I renamed the Title column in Supplier Locations to Location Name, to make it clearer/simpler for my users.

I don't get any debug pop-ups. I did initially when I accidentally gave it the wrong GUID, but now the page appears to load fine. It even blinks slightly when I select a Supplier.

Hmmm.. When I start the Developer Tools in IE, and start debugging, I get this when I do anything with Suppliers or Supplier Location
HTML1114: Codepage unicode from (UNICODE byte order mark) overrides conflicting codepage windows-1252 from (11)
EditForm.aspx?ID=488&IsDlg=1
I am using Sharepoint 2010, Windows 7, and IE9 (no I can't upgrade. IT won't allow it, for some reason)
Coordinator
Mar 14 at 12:14 PM
That warning message is something else, so not part of this issue.

If you've renamed the Title column, then its StaticName is still Title. So the line:
relationshipListChildColumn: "Location_x0020_Name",
would be:
relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
However, you should get a debug message if there is no Location_x0020_Name column.

M.