how to use SPServices in a custom aspx page(Not sharepoint page)

Mar 18 at 5:48 AM
Hi All,
  How can i use a SPServices on a ASP.NET web form
This doesnt work:
            webURL: "http://myserver/CMS/",
            operation: "GetUserInfo",
            userLoginName: "DOMAIN\\administrator",
Can i use SP.Services to get data from a list etc...
Can a users current authentication be passed in?

Thanks in Advance
Coordinator
Mar 18 at 1:13 PM
Network topology and auth mechanisms come into play here and every situation is different. It's hard to say.

M.
Mar 18 at 10:44 PM
Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the reply.
The sharepoint i'm trying to plugin into is using windows auth.
I can setup my custom asp.net to also use windows auth.
Will the windows authentication pass on my credentials to Sharepoint?

Thanks in advance
Mar 19 at 12:05 AM
Forget about what you can do on the server via asp.net. This is a web browser security issue. The calls SPServices are making are all initiated from the browser. There are restrictions on what URL you can access from one domain to another.
Google/Bing the topics that arc points out above, and you will understand better what he means.

--
Paul T.

-- Sent from Mobile

Mar 19 at 1:09 AM
thanks ptavares.Sorry for asking :(
This app is going to be in the same domain.
Just wanted to know if it cane be done
Mar 19 at 2:36 PM
Ahh. So, in the same domain you should be able to use SP's WebServices, and possibly even SPServices library. I thought I saw some post here a few months ago from someone that did it. I think they had to also include a few if the sharepoint javascript libraries.

Remember that many of the value-added methods and functions in SPServices assume that it is executing inside a Sharepoint hosted page, so not everything is going to work. For that reason, you will find your self debugging allot more and possibly even having to change SPServices itself to fulfill your specific needs.

Good luck.

--
Paul T.

-- Sent from Mobile