Mar 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Edited Mar 27, 2014 at 2:08 AM
It is a good thing to always use debug mode to get started.
In both SPFilterDropdown and SPCascadeDropdowns, using an incorrect CAML query resulted in a misleading debug output error message that either the parent or child column was not found in the relationship list. Correcting the CAMLQuery to have the correct spelling
for the FieldRef name used in a filter resulted in both of the SP functions working correctly.
I believe that I'm using jquery-1.7.1.min with jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min. I only tried this in an IE11/Windows 7/WSS 2007 environment. The error message looked something like this:
Error in function
relationshipListParentColumn: col1 or
Not found in relationshipList Job List
This started me off down the path of checking that I had used the correct static names for the columns, which is usually where I find the correction. But not this time. This time in the
"...<FieldRef Name='status' />..."
the name needed to be
"...<FieldRef Name='Status' />..."