SPCascadeDropdowns working in IE10 but not IE11

May 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM
I think this is probably a known issue, but I haven't been able to find a workaround on my own so far. I've got the following script loading in my web part. The script filters the list of names available in a multi-lookup column so that only those people from the same territory as the current list item appear on the left side. It works like a charm in IE10, but doesn't filter the available names in IE11 or Chrome.
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
        listName: "Project Bids",
        relationshipList: "Bidders",
        relationshipListParentColumn: "Territory",
        relationshipListChildColumn: "Full_x0020_Name",
        parentColumn: "Territory",
        childColumn: "Bidders"

May 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM
The call ought to work the same in all browsers. At least that's my intent.

Are you seeing any errors? Have you tried setting debug: true? What version of SharePoint and SPServices?

May 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Versions are SP2013 and 2014.01 respectively. I'll turn the debugging on and see what I get. Most people here are running IE10, so at the moment I'm trying to find someone local who has IE11 so I can duplicate the issue. So far that's been consistent, though - the people who aren't getting the filter are all running IE11. One user said it wasn't working in Chrome, but it seems to be working in Chrome for me.

It may turn out to be something other than browser type/version, but that's the only angle I've noticed so far.
Jan 14, 2015 at 4:54 AM
Hello Jacob,

Did you fix the issue with IE11 ? I've also experienced this on IE11. It worked on IE10,FF and Chrome.
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM
ThiVo - I didn't find an actual fix, per se. IE11 has several issues with SharePoint 2013 (even OOTB), so we downgraded the user to IE10. That resolved the issue for the user, but I still don't know if it was my script or something else browser-related which was preventing the script from loading.

Given that Marc does such excellent work, I'm inclined to think it was a problem between IE11 and jQuery version I was using (1.11.0).
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:41 PM
Yes I also ended up forcing my site to use IE10.