My Submissions view not returning all items

May 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I learned my lesson years ago with this after banging my head against the wall and seen many discussions with regards to the default view not returning items as possibly expected when using GetListItems, but setting anything for the CAML options usually fixes the problem. In this case, i want the default view of the list set to "My Submissions" so the users (generally speaking) will only see their own items. But even with a CAMLQuery, CAMLViewFields, and CAMLRowLimit all set in my GetListItems call, I can't return any info for items created by other users.

Here's my function:
    operation: "GetListItems",
    async: false,
    listName: ListName,
    CAMLQuery: "<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='ID' /><Value Type='Counter'>"+CurID+"</Value></Eq></Where></Query>",
    CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields Properties='True'/>",
    CAMLRowLimit: 0,
    completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
        MenteeJson = $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").SPXmlToJson({ 
            includeAllAttrs: true,
            removeOws: true
 }); //close GetListItems
I'm using jquery 1.11.0, SPServices 2013.01 and SharePoint 2007. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

May 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Didn't really figure out a true answer, but at least a temporary workaround. The "My Submissions" view I was using was a system generated view, by creating my own "MyItems" view, my GetListItems call started ignoring the default view and functioning as expected again. Still not sure exactly what was going on, but at least the site is functioning again!
May 20, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I'm not sure of the exact answer, either. It sounds like you were doing the right things.

However, keep in mind that permissions always apply, too.