Why SPCascade does not work with Infopath 2010?

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Hello everyone,
could you, please, help me to solve the issue I have with Infopath 2010 and SPCascade?
The problem is: when I want to create 4 level depend dropdowns I used SPCascade to get the solution. It works only on the NewForm.aspx. When I want to modify the page via Infopath, then the dropdown funcionality does not work.
I have also tried to add the same code (based on the http://www.spcascade.org/ ) to Newifs.aspx, but it did not help.
Could you, please, help me to solve the problem?
Thank you very much.
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM
SPServices value-added functions don't work with InfoPath. InfoPath creates an entirely different DOM so it would be an entirely different set of functions.

In most cases, you can accomplish the same things with InfoPath itself. Cascading dropdowns is something that InfoPath give you natively.

M.
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Thank you very much for your reply.

But the 3 level dropdown (2 parents for one child) is possible to create in Infopath. But 4 level (3 parents) is not. Does anyone know how to solve that issue? Or have any idea how it could be catched?

I am just a beginner with Sharepoint and I am still learning, so, please, understand my silly questions/statements. And that is why I have used Infopath for creating/customizing form.

Do you think, that a new WebService should be created for that issue? Or it is not possible to solve it?
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Anything is possible if you have the time and $$$. It sounds like your needs are a bit beyond what InfoPath does. You may need to do some development.

M.