SPServices AddAttachment to a List Item FROM an SP Library vs. a disk file (no browse - same Library file every time)

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Hello -

I have a customer who desires place a single file into a Library to be able to version control that file as the "source template" for attachement.

Whenever a user creates a new item in List-A, the single file from the Library should be attached to the New List Item.

Is it possible for SPServices AddAttachment to pull the single file from the SP Library and attach it to the new Item in List-A vs. pulling a file from the users hard drive?

One extra note: It would be worthwhile to retrieve the Library file and [possibly] update the name of the file before attaching to the List Item .. but this would be secondary from just being able to make the attachment in the first place.

Thanx!
JLHcp
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I know its possible to get the file from a Document Library with SPServices. Take look through these to see if you find clues/suggestions:

--
Paul T.

-- Sent from Mobile

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I know its possible to get the file from a Document Library with SPServices. Take look through these to see if you find clues/suggestions:

--
Paul T.

-- Sent from Mobile