Disable caching in SPServices.SPGetListItemsJson

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Is it possible to not cache the calls in this function? Typically we'd set cacheXML: false in regular GetListItems calls but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this with the JSON function. Would it be possible to add this as an option that gets passed to the underlying GetListItems call?
Aug 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Eric, Marc,

This issue may ultimately be resolved with this Issue: https://spservices.codeplex.com/workitem/10182 - GetListItems always caches :(
Aug 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I don't think that SPGetListItemsJson will ever cache. Are you seeing different behavior?

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM
I will investigate into it in more detail, but yes, it was hanging onto cached results of a call.

I was initiating a call to a list that is supposed to return profile properties. The list was empty, but it was still shoving me cached results. I did several hard refreshes and ultimately had to go into Incognito mode to clear the cached results.
Aug 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Oh, then it may not be the issue I referenced...
I have seen things like this, and usually on static resources (like .css, .js from a document library).. .adding a url param to the URL of those resources usually fixes it... Again, never saw it with a response from a SP API service.