StartWorkflow on Document Set

Aug 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM
What should be passed to the "item" parameter of the "StartWorkflow" operation considering EncodedAbsUrl is not available with Document Sets.

V/r,
Anthony
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Well, I suggested here so you could give more info about what you are doing! 140 characters just isn't enough.

Are you trying to run a workflow on a Document Set?

M.
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Running the following ...
$().SPServices({

operation: "StartWorkflow",
                         item: currentItemURL,
                   templateId: workflowGUID,
           workflowParameters: workflowParams,
                        async: true,

completefunc: function () {

SP.UI.Notify.addNotification("Submission Workflow Started!", false);

}

});
I have workflowGUID, workflowParams, but currentItemURL indicates in all examples that I've seen that the value should be that of "EncodedAbsUrl" which to my knowledge is not an attribute of Document Sets.

Trying to figure out what substitute value could be used.

V/r,
Anthony
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM
But are you trying to run the workflow on a Document Set itself (really just a glorified folder) or on a document within the Document Set?

M.
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM
On the document set itself (Custom Content Type with base Content Type being Document Set)
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this. I'm not sure of the answer and would have to rig something up. Document Sets are folders as I mentioned and not documents. So the item probably needs to be the FileRef or something like it.

M.
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM
HI Anthony... Sorry I did not get a chance to get back to you on the tween you sent earlier this week...
I have not worked with the StartWorkflow service, but have seen several post here on SPServices about it... several of them post the solution they found... have you looked around? Search for StartWorkflow and they will come up...

Good luck.
Paul