help getting information from a html form to a list

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM
I am new to Share point and I have figured out how to create a form in HTML using notepad put it into a document library and put the library into a page using a web part in my site and my form appears just fine. I also created a list and added the columns to correspond with the form. Now I need to take the information from the form so when submit is clicked it is sent to the list. I am totally lost on how to do this everything I find is telling me C# and using microsoft.sharepoint, but I don't have access to that using so I am trying to do this in notepad as java script. Does anyone have any helpful idea tips or sample code on how to do this please?
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2014 at 9:41 PM
You may well be reinventing the wheel here. Document Libraries (and any other list in SharePoint) have their own forms out of the box. Is there some reason you're trying to create a form from scratch?

M.
Sep 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I am only doing what my boss instructed me to do.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Might want to have a chat with that boss. ;+)

You haven't described what you're trying to do in the form, but there's probably a better way to do it.

M.
Sep 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I created a form in Notepad. Fields are Name, Department, E-mail, Is requested which has 4 check boxes, Root cause which has 7 check boxes version of the program, subject and description. This form is on a Company Website I created on Share point which is why I can't just have a list in Share point and they click add new list item and insert the information in the form that way. I need to take the values that are inserted into that form and when the form is submitted it automatically pulls the values and creates a new list item in the list. The point is we don't want everyone to have access to our list we want to go to our list and see the submitted change request. Does this make sense?