SPCascadeDropdowns Additional CAML

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Hi, I've got a working multi dropdown list using SPServices.SPCascade however I need to filter the list a little more.
I have three columns, SupportGU, Process and SubProcess. They work perfect in Cascade but I'd like to limit the available SubProcess based on the Area also. Currently it's cascading based on the Process only.
I've added the following CAML
CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='SupportGU'/><Value Type='lookup'>ANZ</Value></Eq>",
This works but only where Area is = ANZ. I can't figure out how to populate the value dynamically. Can I include a reference somehow in the value area to point it to the SupportGU dropdown?

My full code(my list name are column names are the same)
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Process", relationshipListParentColumn: "SupportGU", relationshipListChildColumn: "Title", parentColumn: "SupportGU", childColumn: "Process", debug: true }); $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "SubProcess", relationshipListParentColumn: "Process", relationshipListChildColumn: "Title", relationshipListSortColumn: "Title", CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='SupportGU'/><Value Type='lookup'>title</Value></Eq>", parentColumn: "Process", childColumn: "SubProcess" }); }); </script> Thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
The function as written doesn't support the type of dynamic filtering you're trying to do. The CAMLQuery applies to all fetches from the relationship list and is set up when you call the function.

M.
Dec 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Is there any way of achieving what I'm trying to do?

There are SubProcesses that are specific to the first list(SupportGU) so shouldn't be available under other.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I'm not sure. It depends on how the relationships work and I'm not sure from your description above. But the function only works with one parent and one child in the relationship.

M.