How to show the programmatically added recurring events in SharePoint calendar on Outlook overlay

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:59 AM
I have added recurring events to a SharePoint calendar programmatically using SPServices UpdateListItems. I am able to see the recurring events in the SharePoint calendar.

However, when I connect the calendar to Outlook, the Outlook seems to be unable to sync and display any of the programmatically added recurring events, i.e., I am not seeing these programmatically added recurring events when I overlay the SharePoint calendar in outlook.

I was wondering do I need to set any attribute while creating recurring events programmatically in SharePoint calendar so that I can see these events when I overlay this calendar in outlook.

I am using the following code.

var xmlData = '<recurrence><rule><firstDayOfWeek>su</firstDayOfWeek><repeat><daily dayFrequency="1" /></repeat><repeatForever>FALSE</repeatForever></rule></recurrence>';

xmlData=xmlData.replace(/</g, '<');

xmlData=xmlData.replace(/>/g, '>');
$().ServiceUtility({

operation: "UpdateListItems",

async: false,

batchCmd: "New",

listName: "Calendar",

valuepairs:[["EventDate", "2014-12-12T09:30:00Z"],["EndDate", "2014-12-20T10:00:00Z"], ["fRecurrence", "1"], ["Title", "TestRecurring"], ["fAllDayEvent", "0"], ["RecurrenceData", xmlData], ["EventType", 1]],

completefunc: function (xData, Status) {

//Do nothing
alert("s");
        }

}); 
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM
If you add the events with recurrence and can see the recurrence in one place but not another, then you've probably not set the recurrence the way you think. I'd suggest setting up an event the way you want it in the UI and then querying it with GetListItems to see how it's structured. That would then allow you to create the right RecurrenceData.

Here's a pretty good example:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/7c779d99-cf58-42cd-a86e-44e88c40fcd7/recurrence-display-render-failed-when-using-listsasmx-updatelistitems-method?forum=sharepointdevelopmentlegacy

M.