This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

$().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser is not working in BlackBerry

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:35 AM

I am developing an application in SharePoint for mobile version. It is a HTML page and I use SPServices in few places to access the SP Services. I use $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser to get the current logged user's "Title". The current user's title is not returned. But the other SP Services call work.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Code for reference:
var loggedUser = $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser({fieldName:"Title",debug:true});
Jan 14, 2015 at 3:58 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2015 at 3:59 AM
I don't really know how to help you with this, since I don't even have a Blackberry. It could be a lot of things. My first guess would be permissions. I think you'll need to use whatever Fiddler-like equivalent you can get in there to see what's in the response.

I would also recommend testing your code in a desktop browser first.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:13 AM
Thanks for the response Mark. It works well in the desktop. Even in the blackberry simulator it works without any issues.

In blackberry, it gets the UserName, Domain, Password from the user and authenticates the person before it gets in to the page.

I tested everything in the simulator and it works perfectly there. When I test it in the BlackBerry device, this particular SPService call doesn't work.