SPFilterDropDown and SPCascadeDropdowns not working after SharePoint Update KB2920780

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:00 AM
We are using jQuery 1.11.2 and SPServices 2014.02. Everything was working fine before updates. We installed some Windows updates and SharePoint update KB2920780 yesterday on our SharePoint server and now the SPServices SPCascadeDropdowns and SPFilterDropDown have no effect on forms in our web app. Yes, I also ran psconfig and nothing shows as needing an upgrade in the farm or databases.

I enabled debug for each SPServices function, but I get no errors. I threw an alert command at the end of the function and it shows the box for the alert. Also, in the same form we are using SPGetCurrentUser and that works fine. So, it isn't that the script is not running. It's just that something changed in SharePoint that seems to have broken the SPServices functions for dropdowns.

I've been unable to get any error out of the functions and I can always tell if my syntax is wrong because then the alert doesn't appear. I have also noticed that in the one dropdown that has well over 20 items the complex menu is not appearing even when I'm not using either of the SPServices functions. I'm thinking that something in this update changed the way dropdowns are displayed. Here's the code I'm working with:
                              relationshipList: "Clients",
                          relationshipListColumn: "Company",
                              relationshipListSortColumn: "Company",
                              columnName: "Company",
       CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='Active' /><Value Type='Boolean'>1</Value></Eq>",
                              debug: true
                relationshipList: "Projects",
                relationshipListParentColumn: "Company",
                relationshipListChildColumn: "Project_x0020_Name",
                relationshipListSortColumn: "ID",
                parentColumn: "Company",
                childColumn: "Project",
        CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='Active' /><Value Type='Boolean'>1</Value></Eq>",
                                debug: true
    var thisUserAccount = $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser({fieldName: "ID", debug: false});
            if (thisUserAccount != 12)
If I'm doing anything wrong or if there's some way to grab some more information that could help please let me know.
Feb 18, 2015 at 1:30 AM
I'm not sure what's in that update. Have you looked to see whether any of the markup has changed?

To be honest, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with all of the little changes.

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Thanks for the Reply. After more investigation we determined that there was something corrupted in the SharePoint installation on the server. After trying numerous other things we found that the final solution was to uninstall SharePoint, install SP 2013 w/SP1, and then install the December update. We then restored the SharePoint site to the backup done a couple hours before the SharePoint update was installed. We also had to repair our SQL install because we use SQL Reporting Services and that got messed up from uninstalling SharePoint. I'm not really sure that we would experience the problem again from the February update. The update may have just brought to the forefront an underlying issue that had been there for some time. I hope this helps anyone else that experiences this strange behavior.
Marked as answer by ken2johnson on 2/19/2015 at 3:36 PM
Feb 20, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Sounds horrible on your end, but I'm relieved it wasn't an SPServices problem. I hope you've fully recovered.