Query Web Service call Does Not Return Managed Metadata managed property for All Results

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:35 PM
I am using SPServices to return the result set from the following query so I can display documents from a library in Site Collection A on a page in Site Collection B.

When the search results are returned, a function in my code traverses the result set to create a tabular view of the documents.
<QueryPacket xmlns='urn:Microsoft.Search.Query' Revision='1000'>
    <Query>
        <Range>
            <StartAt>1</StartAt>
            <Count>100</Count>
        </Range>
        <Context>
            <QueryText language='en-US' type='MSSQLFT'>
                SELECT Title, Path, GPMSection, DocumentType, EffectiveDate, Number, ProcedureName, Region FROM scope() WHERE (GPMSection LIKE '%06.0%') AND ContentTypeForSearch = 'Global Procedure' ORDER BY PROCEDURENAME, NUMBER
            </QueryText>
        </Context>
    </Query>
</QueryPacket>
Everything works, I'm just having trouble with the DocumentType property. It is not returned for every document node in the result set. There are 70 document nodes returned, but the document type property is only returned for 18 of the documents in the result set. For all other document nodes it is not returned empty or null, it is not returned at all...

All of the other fields I am returning are text, date or number fields. DocumentType is a Managed Metadata field.

I know the DocumentType has been populated for all of the documents in the Library. I have tried to run a full crawl, and I have tried to edit the properties of the documents and re-apply the Managed Metadata field value.

What am I missing? What would cause SPServices (or the Search Web Service) to fail to return this property for all documents in the result set?