Parent list limit

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Hi, I'm trying to use the $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns functions: I notice that if I have a little number of items in the parent list (i.e. 5 items) all works correctly

But, if I put 900 items in the parent list, when I change the parent selection nothing happens: no errors and no reload of the child selection.

Is there any limit on the number of the parent list? If yes, is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Elena
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 2:05 PM
In SharePoint 2010 or greater, there's a 5000 item limit for list views, and that applies to SOAP calls as well. 900 shouldn't be a problem, so there must be something else going on. Are you getting any errors?

You're saying "parent list", but I assume you mean relationshipList?

M.
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Hi, thank you for your help

I'm using a Sharepoint 2010 (and I've tried on a dev server too) with JQuery 1.11.3 + SPServices-2013.01

I have the main list (parent) with 900 items, and the relationshipList (child) with 3000 items.
They are both lookup columns on a document library.

I receive no errors: I'm running in debug:true mode and I've also checked the browser console, but no errors are displayed.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:46 PM
That ought to work. The 900 items in the parent will make the dropdown pretty tedious to use, of course.

Does tha page function just fine if you don't call SPCascadeDropdowns?

BTW, I';d suggest to upgrade to SPServices 2014.02.

M.
Jun 12, 2015 at 9:06 AM
HI, I've updated to SPServices 2014.02 and now it works!!!!

Thank you very much for your help,
Elena
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2015 at 1:46 PM
Well, who knows why, but that version (the latest) will be more efficient, anyway. Glad you're up and running!

M.