This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Child Dropdown Stops Working as Soon as List is > 20

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:50 PM
I have the following in the Content Editor part on the page. The dropdowns work perfectly until I add further items to the child list. Then the child list doesn't show any selections at all when I choose the parent. It seems that the simplechild just isn't working.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://ky.bridge/iPort/KYBilling/KYBillingScripts/jquery-2.1.4.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://ky.bridge/iPort/KYBilling/KYBillingScripts/jquery.SPServices-2014.02.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "IssueSubtypes", relationshipListParentColumn: "IssueType", relationshipListChildColumn: "Title", parentColumn: "IssueType", childColumn: "IssueSubType", simplechild: true, debug: true }); }); </script>
Aug 26, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Does it work if you don't use simplechild: true?

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM
No, still nothing in the child list.
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:15 AM
My guess is that there's something wrong with the way you have the list set up. SPServices handles the 20+ change to a complex dropdown for you.

What version of SharePoint? What browser and version?

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:55 PM
I am using SharePoint 2010, IE 11 with masterpage set to IE=8

I have three lists:
  • Title column (with IssueType entries), required = Y, unique values = N
  • Title column (with IssueSubType entries), required = Y, unique values = N, default value = Other
  • IssueType column, reaquired = Y, unique values = N, lookup to IssueTypes list, Title field
  • IssueType column - required = N, unique values = N, lookup to IssueTypes list, Title column
  • IssueSubType column - required = N, unique values = N, lookup to IssueSubTypes list, Title column
Aug 31, 2015 at 8:04 PM
It came to me that I may have an IE and jquery compatability issue. I've changed to using jquery-1.11.3.min with SPServices-2014.02 and that solved the problem.
Sep 1, 2015 at 8:46 PM
I was going to suggest that, but assumed you were using the 2.x version intentionally. Glad you got it fixed!