SPCascadeDropdowns and required Lookup columns

Jun 21 at 5:31 PM
On a site collection I have a list title "Territory" and another list titled "Products" (the relationship list). I then have 8 different lists, each has a "Territory" and "Products" lookup column with the Cascading Dropdowns. The Products drop down will depend on the Territory selected.

SPCascadeDropdowns is working on all but 2 of my lists. On these two lists I can only get it to work if the two columns are not listed as required. Problem is I need them to be required. It works well on the other 6 lists.

Not sure what the difference is that is causing this issue on only two lists. Only difference I can notice is that on these two lists I created custom forms for New and Edit items. Did so to hide the unused Title column on those lists.
Jun 24 at 9:58 PM
What version of SharePoint and SPServices?

Jun 25 at 12:42 PM
Sorry, I should have included the versions.

We are running SP2010 and using SPServices 2014.02 (not the min file)

Jun 27 at 1:07 PM
I get reports from time to time that required columns still cause problems, but I've never been able to nail it down. If you can send me the HTML from the page in the browser (I only need that section that shows the dropdown - it's in a TR) then I could try to see what's wrong.

In the near term, have you tried adding " Required Column" to the end of your columnName?