jquery.SPServices-2014.02.min.js does not load

Aug 26 at 1:52 AM
I am new to coding and SP, please be gentle

With a lot of help from the internet I manage use jquery.SPServices to run a number of queries on my SharePoint site. Everything was working fine until I decided to delete my site (Just a sandpit site anyway) and design a proper site.

To my disappointment when I tried adding my jquery.SPServices-2014.02.min.js and jquery-1.12.0.min.j to my seatle.masterpage I was denied access. I learned that you have to do it through the seatle.html by checking out - No problem, I thought and it was working fine as the masterpage is build from the html page. When I tried to run my scripts it did not want to work. I then figure out that my jquery.SPServices-2014.02.min.js is not loading...weird as this was an exact copy from the previous site that was working

What I am doing wrong
Here is m code from my seattle.master page

</SharePoint:PageTitle>
<SharePoint:SPShortcutIcon runat="server" IconUrl="/_layouts/15/images/favicon.ico?rev=43" />
<SharePoint:StartScript runat="server" />
<SharePoint:CssLink runat="server" Version="15"/>
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="core.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false" />
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="menu.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false" />
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="callout.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false" />
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="sharing.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false" />
<SharePoint:ScriptLink language="javascript" name="suitelinks.js" OnDemand="true" runat="server" Localizable="false" />
_<script src="https://companyname.sharepoint.com/SiteAssets/jquery.SPServices-2014.02.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://companyname.sharepoint.com/SiteAssets/jquery-1.12.0.min.js"></script>_
<SharePoint:CustomJSUrl runat="server" />
<SharePoint:SoapDiscoveryLink runat="server" />
<SharePoint:AjaxDelta id="DeltaPlaceHolderAdditionalPageHead" Container="false" runat="server">