GetRelatedInfo for Text Filed (Title)

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Is there any possibility to implaemet this functionality?

For example I have parent child relation with two lists. Go to display parent list item which Title (or can be ID) is a joining colum between two lists. So I want to view all child items below title field.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Can you explain in more detail what you're looking for?
Thanks,
M.
Sep 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM

For example I have parent child relation with two lists.

Go to display parent list item which Title (or can be ID) is a joining colum between two lists. So I want to view all child items below Title field.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Do you mean on display pages (like DispForm.aspx)?  In those cases, I would recommend a Data View Web Part (DVWP) as a more robust solution, as it will give you far more capability.  But maybe I'm still missing what you mean.

If you're talking about forms, then $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo ought to work for you.  If you're having problems, let me know how I can help.

M.

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM
sympmarc wrote:

Do you mean on display pages (like DispForm.aspx)?  In those cases, I would recommend a Data View Web Part (DVWP) as a more robust solution, as it will give you far more capability.  But maybe I'm still missing what you mean.

If you're talking about forms, then $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo ought to work for you.  If you're having problems, let me know how I can help.

M.

Well yea I mean in DispForm.aspx. Why not use this tool in it - it displays in more compact way next to the field, not like DVWP  in other zone or below webpart.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I'm going to think about this one a little bit.  Using a DVWP with an AggregateDataSource to replace the default LFWP is, in my mind, the better solution.

What other options would you like to see if we do this?  The initial implementation of $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo just has the 'table' displayFormat as a starting option.  Are there any other "looks" that you would like to see?

M.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.