SPDisplayRelatedInfo changed between 4.7 and 5.5

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Marc

Could you please double check and verify my findings. I upgraded the version of JQuery and SPServices to the latest version and found that using SPDisplayRelatedInfo has changed. I have the need to mask the ID field that I am pulling over (relatedColums) and how I address the field has changed between the versions. Using SPServices 4.7 I accessed the field using $('#showRelated_Column_x0020_Name th:eq(0)').hide(); . Now it appears to access the field my code will need to change to $('#SPDisplayRelatedInfo_Column_x0020_Name th:eq(0)').hide();

Thanks

Marcus

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Yes, you caught me trying to make the ids more consistent across functions.  I made this change in v0.5.4 and you will see it reflected in the documentation at $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfoI've tried really hard not to make changes like this (to keep things backwardly compatible), but in some cases I've decided it mattered enough to make the change.  SPDisplayRelatedInfo was inconsistent with the other functions.

Sorry for any confusion.

M.

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

No need to apologies. I should have better stayed up to date with your modifications going from version to version.

Thanks for the explanation.