Cascading Dropdowns

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I have the cascading dropdowns working on my site with three tiers but I need to add a fourth. As soon as I add the fourth tier it no longer works. Is there some modification that I need to make to the jquery (I'm using jquery.SPServices-0.5.6)?

Jean

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Jean:

There's no specific limit on the number of cascades, other than the performance hit. I think I've tested it up to five.  What is happening when you add the fourth?

M.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Not sure why this was happening. For awhile all cascading quit working as soon as I added the fourth level. Just before the end of the day I decided to give it one more try and it was suddenly working. I copied and pasted the same code snippet that hadn't worked before so was expecting the same results before trying some editing. My guess is that something was happening (or not happening) with the page refresh so that the changes I made in SPD were not updating to the site. Our SP setup has those working on the server team completely isolated from those working on the client side so I will probably never know why this happened.

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:36:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Cascading Dropdowns [SPServices:220191]

Jean:
There's no specific limit on the number of cascades, other than the performance hit. I think I've tested it up to five. What is happening when you add the fourth?
M.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Well, whatever the reason, glad you got it working!

M.