Display CheckOutDate as SPServices Core Function

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Marc,

Would it be possible to have your (indeed very handy) suite of tools return the CheckOutDate?

I'd like to create a library view that shows users the date a file was checked out and as a next step, of course, do 'something' with the row of a file that has been checked for too long.

Hope you can help - otherwise maybe point me in the right direction of how to utilize JQuery/JS to obtain the CheckOutDate from the SharePoint Webservice directly.

Kind regards,

Richard Meegdes

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Richard:

I just took a quick spin through the Web Services docs on MSDN, and I don't see anything obvious.  Lists.GetListItems returns ows_CheckoutUser if the item is checked out, but I don't see a date/time stamp. I thought maybe there'd be something in Version.GetVersions, but I don't see anything there, either. Finally, I checked in SharePoint Designer to see if there was some list column that might have the checked out date, but no joy there, either.  Is it possible that SharePoint just doesn't care when the checkout happened?

M.

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Hi Marc,

SharePoint does register the CheckOutDate - along with a bunch of other checkout info's -  it's a property of the SPFile Class.

Here's where I got my initial info from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spfile_properties.aspx

Don't know if it's a .Net available only thing.

Grtz,

Richard

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Yeah, I found the CheckOutDate references, but nothing in any of the Web Services stuff or in SharePoint Designer.  You'll probably need to resort to .NET code.

M.