SPCascadeDropdowns: I can't figure out what's wrong

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I've got a single cascade that I'm trying to implement, so far without success.  Here's what I'm doing:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="../../jQuery Libraries/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="../../jQuery Libraries/jquery.SPServices-0.5.6.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
	$(document).ready(function() {
			relationshipList: "Policies",
			relationshipListParentColumn: "Section",
			relationsipListChildColumn: "Title",
			parentColumn: "Section",
			childColumn: "Policy",
			debug: true

When I load the page I get this error:

Error in function
relationshipListParentColumn: Section or
Not found in relationshipList Policies

I've checked the Policies list, and it has Section and Title as the static names of those columns (I did the edit column and look at the end of the URL thing). I also looked at the page source and Section and Policy are the titles of those fields, which as I understand, corresponds to the display name for the columns.  From what I can tell this script should be working.  Is there something I'm missing here?

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM

It was tricky to spot, but the blank relationshipListChildColumn in the error message was the winning clue. Check the spelling of relationsipListChildColumn in the function call.

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

You mean the 'h' isn't optional? Man, it's so obvious now, but it was just killing me for ages :)  With the correct parameters, it works just like it should.

Thanks so much,