SPServices with wss2.0

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Many thanks for this fantastic plugin, I know it is designed for wws3, but I am using it with wss2.0 till my client upgrades to wss3. not all the methods work but all i am interested in using the list methods which works like a charm provided I make a slight modification to the plugin :(, rather than making modification to plugin code I am writing a separate include file which does that. In order to get the GetListItems working I need to set WSops["GetListItems"] = [LISTS, true]; from default false, my question is how to access WSops ?

Thanks in advance.

San

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM

San:

I've done zero testing with WSS 2.0, so as you expect, you'

re on your own. What you might want to do is just create your own copy of SPServices and edit those values. The true/false values for 'needs_SOAPAction' are there to trick SharePoint into allowing anonymous access.  See this blog post for details: http://sympmarc.com/2010/03/18/allowing-anonymous-access-with-sharepoint-web-services-and-spservices/.

The WSops array is set up right at the top of the SPServices .js file. In v0.5.7, it starts at line 49:

49 // Array to store Web Service / operation associations and whether each operation
 50 // needs to have the SOAPAction passed in the setRequestHeaderfunction.
 51 //  WSops["OpName"] = [WebService, needs_SOAPAction]; 
 52 var WSops = new Array();

M.