$().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices & Multi Item Edit forms

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I've used this function in the past, but not in this aspect.  I'm not getting any response from the function.  Just wanted to post what I have and see if anyone has ran into this as well.

SPService Call

$(document).ready(function() {	
        $().SPServices.SPArrangeChoices({
		columnName: "Employee Rating",
		perRow: 4,
		randomize: false
	});
});

DVWP

<td width="100%" class="ms-vb">
	<hr />Employee Rating
	<xsl:comment>FieldName="Employee Rating"</xsl:comment>
	<SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="ff6{$Pos}" ControlMode="Edit" FieldName="QuestionRank" itemid="{@ID}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('u',concat('ff6',$Pos),'Value','ValueChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@QuestionRank')}" />
	<SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff6description{$Pos}" FieldName="QuestionRank" ControlMode="Edit" />
	<br />Comments: 
	<SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="ff7{$Pos}" ControlMode="Edit" FieldName="QuestionComments" itemid="{@ID}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('u',concat('ff7',$Pos),'Value','ValueChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@QuestionComments')}" />
	<SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff7description{$Pos}" FieldName="QuestionComments" ControlMode="Edit" />
	<br />
	<br />
</td>
The internal name is QuestionRank, but from what I understand of this function, that doesn't really matter.  On this form, I have 10 or more different Employee Ratings and Comments for a specific question.  I've just snipped the good parts, but with this page I have other functions that are firing and working.  Let me know if more info is needed.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Is this one of those where Employee Rating should have the _x0020_ to compensate for the space??

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

No, the internal name is QuestionRank, I modified the form to show Employee Rating, so that's the display name.  I triple checked that before posting, I've ran into that too many times LOL!

I just looked into the source an SPArrangeChoices looks for td.ms-formbody and then does it's magic.  I added that class to the <td width="100%" class="ms-vb ms-formbody">,

but since I have other stuff within that <td>, it messes up the controls for the Comments field.  On the brighter side of things, SPArrangeChoices is working :)

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Marc, do you think there could be something added to the function that would prevent this?  I'm thinking a well timed return false; should suffice.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I see what you are saying. I have just had issues with the columnName variable having spaces in it. But if it works it works!

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Matt:

You've got a customized form, so you ran into the problem of making your form similar to the default form so that the DOM matches. What you did to make it work was the right move.

I don't understand your return false; suggestion. Say more?

M.