SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns MultiValue

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Marc,

Is it possible to have a multivalue cascade another multivalue select box?  If so, can you give me an example because I can not seem to get that to work.

Thanks,
Dave

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Dave:

Can you show me what you're trying to do?

M.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM

ok here is what I have.  I have 3 lists.  All of them are multi select.  this is the code I have.  If I make them all singe values the code works.  What I want to do is be able to select say 2 or 3 core technologies and that filter the list to only products that are available to those Core tecnologies. and so on. I tried to use the code below.  Not sure this ability is available but figured I would ask.  Thanks for your help in advance.  PS - your code has saved me a tremendous amount of time.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function()
   $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
   relationshipList: "Product Group",
   relationshipListParentColumn: "Core Technology",
   relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
   parentColumn: "Core Technology",
   childColumn: "Product Group",
   debug: true
  });
  $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
   relationshipList: "Major Group",
   relationshipListParentColumn: "Product Group",
   relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
   parentColumn: "Product Group",
   childColumn: "Major Group",
   debug: true
  });
 });

</script>

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Dave:

I just switched my Country/Region/State/City stuff so that Region and State were multi-select, and SPCascadeDropdowns still worked. (As I thought it would.) Maybe there's something different about your setup. What do the relationship lists look like? Do they have multi-select, too? I'm not sure I handle that.

M.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM

marc,

I am not sure I follow you.  I do not have multi-select in an of the coroponding lists it that is waht you mean.  the only place I have multi select checked is in the  request page for each field 

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM

OK, that ought to work. What happens on your form when you use it?

M.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM

nothing.  I have the debug turned on.  I select a couple of the values from the select and nothing is trimmed.  No errors are exposed either.  I have used this in single value selections no problem.  I guess I will have to dig a little deeper

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:43 PM

If you want to send me more details, you can email screenshots, etc. to me at marc dot anderson [at] sympraxisconsulting dot com. I'm interested in why this isn't working.

M.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM
I am not doing anything different then what I sent you in my previous email. I just thought it weird that I could get it to work for one set and not the other. I can pretty much get it to work on any list other then the ones I am trying to do but here is the the doc.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:25:11 -0700
Subject: Re: SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns MultiValue [SPServices:250562]

Dave:
Can you show me what you're trying to do?
M.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
May 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

The issue has already been raised and (temporarily) resolved by rolling back to v0.7.0.

http://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/347721

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I've got a fix for this in v0.7.2ALPHA8, which I'll be posting shortly. I'd appreciate any testing you could do.

M.