Apr 6, 2011 at 5:05 PM


I'm trying out the latest 0.6.1.alpha2 release and the basic functions seems to be working fine. I have one observation: A lookup column that does not have a default value is blank until the user selects an entry, but if I filter the dropdown the first value returned will be set as selected by default.

I would also like to add that SPServices is a great contribution to the SharePoint community.

Thank you, Marc!

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM

OK, so I added the promptText option to SPFilterDropdown and uncommented the appropriate line of code and now it seems to be working as I would prefer it.

Any specific reason why this was not included?

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away.

I think you'll find that the prompt can cause a rather ugly error. Try leaving the prompt as the selected value.

I had built the prompt idea into an early version of SPCascadeDropdowns, which this code is based upon. I've left it there for backward compatibility, but I don't recommend using it.


Apr 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Let me know what you see. I could have sworn it threw an error, but I'm not seeing that in testing right now.

If you don't see a problem, either, then I'll add it back in.


Apr 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM

No problem here so far. I've tested it with the prompt as selected value and it is not ugly to me. I'd say it's quite beautiful, thank you very much!

// r