SPCascadeDropdowns: 2 relationshipList, 1 parentColumn, 2 Child Columns

May 18, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to update two seperate child columns from one parent column on a form.  The two child column's data are in two seperate lists and from what I'm seeing, which ever code I have listed first works, and the 2nd gets ignored.  Below is my code.

$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
   relationshipList: "CategoryMatrix",
   relationshipListParentColumn: "businessUnit",
   relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
   parentColumn: "Business Unit",
   childColumn: "Category"
  });

$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
   relationshipList: "PrimaryBenefitsMatrix",
   relationshipListParentColumn: "Unit",
   relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
   parentColumn: "Business Unit",
   childColumn: "Primary Benefit"
  });

In the above example, child column "Category" populates correctly, but child column "Primary Benefit" shows all values.  If I reverse the two in the code, Primary Benfit will get populate and Category will not.

I'm in SharePoint 2007 with jQuery 1.4.4.min and SPServices-0.5.8.js

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM
jasbury27:
Can you try this with SPServices v0.6.1 just so that we're sure it's not something I've already solved?
M.
May 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I tried with v.0.6.1 and had the same results.  I ended up using your new SPFiltererDropdown with a dynamic CAML query within a .change function to get this to work the way I needed it to.  Thanks for the quick reply. 

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 4:07 AM

Glad you got something working, but I'll create a work item for this, as I believe it's come up before. It probably is something I should figure out.

Thanks,
M.

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 4:07 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.