StartWorkFlow - Feedback after execution

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I try to use SPServices with StartWorkFlow. Well, i've a question, can we have some feedback after execution in the list like manually ?

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:27 AM
You've asked a similar question on my blog (one place is enough!) and I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain more?

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Sorry for the two questions...

for now, I can not run startworkflow. But I want to know where you can follow the execution of the workflow in each list, for example

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I'm still not really sure what you mean, but you can use some of the other Workflow Web Service operations to query the status of things. Check out my recent blog post:

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

It seems like good.

But i can't make it work 'StartWorkFlow' on my page :

<script language="javascript"> 
 completefunc: function() {

Is there an error ?

(For information, this Workflow send me a email)

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM

The best way to debug this is to alert the XML which is returned from the Web Service call. The error messages aren't always clear, but they are the right starting point. Also note in the docs that you need to pass an XML node for the workflowParameters.

workflowParameters: "<root />",
completefunc: function(xData, Status) { alert(xData.responseText); } });

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:31 AM

This is the message when i click on my button to start a workflow

<BODYscroll= yes onload= javascript: if (typeof(_spBodyOnLoadWrapper) != undefined) _spBodyOnLoadWrapper()j >
<f orm name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="error. aspx?ErrorText=The+file+'%2f_vti_bin%2f Workflow. asmx'+does+not+exist."
id="aspnetForm" onsubmit="return _spFormOn5ubmit WrapperQj" >

<input type="hidden" name="_VIEWSTATE" id="_VIEWSTATE" value=7wEPDwUKLTU2N)kxODU3M2Rk)pU95qVR+/nFJaKtAcXVVAWlki8=

I haven't any file named workflow.asmx but one named workflow.aspx !

Any idea ?

My configuration is Wss 3.0.

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Edited Jun 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Ah, the Workflow Web Service isn't available in WSS, only in MOSS.

I have a chart in the docs which shows which Web Service is available with which licence of SharePoint.