Custom Forms - Documents

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Hi, 

So one real nice addition I like with this plugin is the option to create AJAX / jQuery forms for SharePoint; however as far as I can work out you would be unable to do this with Document Libraries. As I can't see how you could upload a file with jQuery.

I just thought I would post this up as someone actually might have an idea / a way around this that I haven't thought about.

Thanks

Nick White

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Nick:

It really depends on what you'd like to do. No, I am not aware of any way to create a custom upload widget using jQuery and the Web Services, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if *someone* out there has done it.

However, you certainly can customize the EditForm to your heart's content for Document Libraries, just as you can with lists.

M.

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Well I would basically like to create my own form to incorporate a upload field.

As far as I know I don't think that will be able to happen however thanks for the EditForm idea I will take a look at that

Thanks for your help,

Nick

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I would think that you would be able to put the upload control from upload.aspx on other pages, but that would mean working in managed code, not script.

M.