SPScriptAudit and auditPagesListName

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Is there any way to provide more than one value for the auditPagesListName when using this script?  Or is there a value that cuases the scrip to look through all Document Libraries for aspx pages?

Unfortunately our client base creates web part pages across multiple libraries - the current script takes about 15 minutes to run when set to a single collection, all lists, and one library.

Thanks so much for SPServices - I use them everyday!

Bill

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Do you have any code samples?  It's almost impossible to pinpoint the issue without any code to look at.

Cheers,

Matt

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Bill:

I wrote the SPScriptAudit function to run per site. No, it's not tremendously efficient, but I see it as something you would run only occasionally to audit what's going on with your scripts.

Because it works per site, I didn't see any reason to have more than one Pages list name, which in most cases in 2007 will simply be "Pages". In 2010 it may be "Pages" or "SitePages". However, the function should look through all of the .aspx for each Document Library (NewForm.aspx, DispForm.aspx, etc.)

M.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Oh, the script works great - sorry I did not mean to imply otherwise.

I work in IT for a large company, and It is extremely useful when I take over as IT support for a site - I can run this audit tool and see where any script based customizations have been done.

Unfortunately, our company's implementation of MOSS 2007 deviates from the standard.  The only doc library that sites roll out with (other than pure publishing sites) is a "Shared Documents" library.  People begin dropping documents in there, and then when they realize they want to keep their web part pages somewhere else to keep members from errantly deleting or modifying them, they create a new folder.  Sometimes pages, sometimes web part pages, etc.

Sometimes they even place them in multiple folders - metadata is a relatively new concept for most folks here - they have operated with file shares forever and think the best way to segregate info is via folders or naming conventions!

Here is my code snippet - it works great.  I simply pass two variables: url and folder.

Thanks!

$().SPServices.SPScriptAudit({
		webURL:url,
		listName: "",
		outputId: "WSOutput",
		auditForms: true,
		auditViews: true,
		auditPages: true,
                auditPagesListName:folder,
		showHiddenLists: true,
		showNoScript: false,
		showSrc: true

});

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Bill:

Great to hear that SPAuditScript is proving useful for you. Since you're probably the only person I've ever heard say they use it heavily, let me know what improvements you might suggest. Obviously, running faster is probably one of them!

M.