Can I link a calendar item to a dataview page?

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I'm wanting to make items for our 2010 calendar link to a special dataview page to display an event item. Would this be possible with this js library?

I'm currently able to do this in 2007, but I do an override with js of the dispform.aspx link. It doesn't look like I'm able to do this in 2010 since the production site doesn't give me a dispform.asp link to override. I'm hoping to be able to find the ID of the item then append it to the end of a link that will take it to the dataview page.

Here is where I found the article on the override:

Here is what our current dataview for the event looks like:

Here is our current calendar in 2007:

Here is what our current calendar for 2010 looks like (Scroll to May to view events):

Thank you!

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:03 AM
I think that this is far easier than what you are doing.

Create your customized DispForm page and then simply change the list settings so that custom page is the display form for the list instead.

You can do this in both 2007 and 2010 in SharePoint Designer, though the mechanisms are a little different. You don't need any script for redirection at all.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I've read that the DispForm is not available to public sites. Is this correct?

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Well, that's an entirely different question, and there are a lot of variables in answering it.

If you enable anonymous read access for the list, then the DispForm would be what would show the items. There are some differences based on what version of SharePoint you are using, of course.