Drag and Drop

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Hello, thank you for this impressive project...very thorough and well documented...you asked for things that people would like to see...here's my "wish list"...I would love to see a drag and drop implementation...thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Take a look at jQueryUI. It has drag and drop functionality and a lot more. That's what I use, rather than trying to create my own functionality.

One of the great things about jQuery is the ability to mix and match all of the great plugins that are out there.

M.
>
Sep 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Thanks sympmarc...I'm looking at it now...do you think the following scenario is possible? drag and drop contents from a multi-select textbox to another multi-select textbox...I'm using another CodePlex project that you've probably heard of called SLAM to handle the backend...I'm struggling with identifying an individual row in a multi-select textbox as they don't appear to be seperate html elements...Microsoft's wonderful style sheeting...

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Actually, I'd not heard of SLAM before.

Sometimes, given the markup that SharePoint renders, the first step is to reconfigure the DOM a bit so that jQuery has better "hooks" to work with. It can add a little bit of overhead, but generally you can get things working.

M.